…So, thanks for stopping by, as we try to grow into a worthwhile Rock and Roll forum.
With that quick quote, I wrapped up my first post on this new site six years ago. Did I manage to start something worthwhile for rock music fans all those years ago? That’s debatable, but damn, these first 1,000 posts have been entertaining… for me, at least…
The original content wasn’t much more than a stream of consciousness of my thoughts on current new rock and upcoming shows, but since then we’ve grown up.
- We’ve had 20+ Contributors, including a few uber-talented writers who grace our site despite the fact that we are all unpaid volunteers doing this for the love of rock ‘n roll. We’ve even had interns gaining college credit!
- Collectively, we have reviewed hundreds of live bands, and been invited to some killer festivals (Welcome To Rockville, Vans Warped Tour, The Big Ticket, Earthday Birthday, Gasparilla, Okeechobee), and many more…
- We’ve somewhat surprisingly had tour credentials approved by some huge names: Guns ‘N Roses, Ted Nugent, Alice Copper, The Killers, Shinedown, Adam Ant, etc…
- We’ve discovered some superbly talented bands. We were early supporters of acts like Of Monsters and Men, Red Sun Rising, Grouplove, 21 Pilots, Walk the Moon and more… And, many other acts who never received the notoriety they deserved…
- We ardently supported the local music scene and have become fixtures at the Florida Music Festival. Talented bands like Blaine the Mono, A Brilliant Lie, Gary Lazer Eyes, Leaving Haven and many others have graced our pages and pleased our ears.
- And, we’ve interviewed some amazing artists. Our first interview was with 2011 flash in the pan, The Last Royals. Since then, classic rockers like Eddie Money, Greg Kihn and Ted Nugent have graced our pages. And, we’ve chatted with rock legends like Exene Cervenka (X), Mike Peters (The Alarm), Teri Nunn (Berlin), Richard Patrick (Filter) and a slew of artists on the cusp of great things.
- We’ve witnessed the birth and demise of bands we loved, who never caught fire and sadly just drifted away. The Drowning Men, Wolf Gang and River City Extension are all gone, but their wonderful music will live on forever.
- We’ve taken some amazing photos from the photo pit, and been fortunate enough to have some creative and talented photographers shoot for us.
It’s been a good first 1,000 posts, but it could be better.
There are two things you can do to help. Follow our Facebook Page and comment/like our posts from time-to-time. We all love to talk about rock music, but we get tired of talking to each other all of the time. We will help, by trying to post some more compelling topics to get the conversation started. And, our writers love feedback – good or bad… really!
And, support our advertisers. We have strong readership, but weak advertising numbers. Click an ad once in awhile and we would be oh so grateful.
Finally, a thanks to everyone who has read our material and to the handful of faithful readers who are always there. But, the biggest shout out goes to the Contributors who toil away, providing great material and supporting a cause we are all passionate about, purely for the lock of rock music
For those about to rock, we salute you!
Cretin, Rarasfarm founder
RARA’s Farm is a rock music blog keenly focused on sharing killer rock music news to the rock music fans who visit our site. Make sure you Like / Follow Us below to keep in the loop on new music worth a listen, or just to be nice to us.