SIRIUS|XM‘s The Spectrum, Channel 28
The Spectrum features five decades of rock music targeted to listeners of adult rock.
They feature bands like Dave Matthews, U-2, Coldplay, REM, Wilco and Tom Petty. In truth, it is a fairly diverse cross-section of generally softer rock and roll, but this is clearly not music to put you to sleep. They play some brand spankin’ new stuff like The latest from The Red Hot Chili Peppers and Arcade Fire, and then quickly slide back 40+ years for something from a classic icon like Van Morrison.
There’s a nice mix between mainstream hits and some much lesser known tunes. I guarantee you’ll hear something you’ve never heard before, an old favorite, and a deep cut off a great album (and probably a few that make you grown).
Overall, it’s good stuff, and would probably make a great soundtrack to a day at the office, or on a dock by the day.
- Bodeans – Dreams
- Sheryl Crow – Steve McQueen
- Broken Bells – The High Road (live)
- Elvis Costello – Watching the Detectives
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie
- Paul Simon – You Can Call Me Al
- Coldplay – Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Wilco – Heavy Metal Drummer
- Van Morrison – Tupelo Honey