I took a quick tour around the internet to capture some of the items we have to look forward to before the impending end of the world.
Here’s a primer for the next few months:
- In the first five weeks of the year, both Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr release new albums.
- As they announced from Times Square on New Years Eve, Van Halen will release their first album with David Lee Roth since 1984 (that’s 28 years for those of you counting at home). They’ll release their first single and start selling tour tickets on January 10th. The odds of them finishing the tour? 12:1.
- Albuquerque’s The Shins will release their Fourth album, Port of Morrow this March
Heavily anticipated 2012 releases with unknown dates:
- Punk legends Green Day, The Offspring and Rancid all have new stuff on the way.
- Six of today’s top bands will return to the charts in 2012: Muse, The Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, The Strokes, MGMT and Linkin Park
- Classic Rock fans will see new albums from legends Bruce Springsteen, Rush, Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Guns and Roses (Slash has an album on the way, too).
- Hard Rockers Metallica, Alice in Chains and Marilyn Manson deliver new goods.
- The Last Royals
- Adam Ant
- Alice In Chains
- Bad Religion
- Suicidal Tendencies