On Friday, October 16th, The Gasparilla Music Festival (GMF) will release their first batch of early bird tickets. The two day passes will never be cheaper with an amazing price of $40 for both days (and only $115 for VIP
The 5th annual festival takes over Tampa on March 12-13, 2016 . “The early bird tickets have been a great way to get affordable tickets in the hands of our most loyal supporters,” said GMF’s David Cox.
As has happened in previous years, these shows will sell out. The lineup is yet to be announced, but it’s always eclectic and exciting, and over the past few years has gotten better and better. Last year featured Modest Mouse, Gogol Bordello, Gaslight Anthem, Hip Abduction, MuteMath and many others. You can see all of the prior lineups here: 2012 – 2015 Gasparilla Music Festival
Additional information about the 2016 edition of GMF including the lineup will be announced in the coming months. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.gmftickets.com.
From the press release:
Coinciding with the ticket release, GMF will be providing free entertainment this Saturday October 17 in downtown Tampa and Ybor City as part of Streetcar Fest. At the Dick Greco Plaza station by the Tampa Convention Center, there will be free family-friendly and interactive entertainment for children throughout the day followed by an evening performance from GMF’s VIP Experience DJ Blenda. At the Centro Ybor Plaza station in Ybor City, there will be free live music from 2:30pm until 7:00pm.
Streetcar Fest – October 17, 2015
Dick Greco Plaza Station:
- 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM – Tampa Bay Lightning Girls
- 1:00 – 2:00 PM – Thunderbug
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM – Instrument petting zoo with Little Kids Rock
- 3:00 – 6:00 PM – The Giving Tree Drum Circle
- 6:00 – 8:00 PM – 1st Dance Studio Demos and Freestyle
- 6:30 – 8:30 PM – DJ Blenda
- Kids crafts, $1 Hot Dogs & Ice Pops throughout the day until 5:30 PM
***Across the street is the sail pavilion and was told will have $2.50 Convention Center Twenty Five Year Anniversary Beer and 25¢ popcorn.
Centro Ybor Station:
- 5:30 – 7:00 PM – Gerry Williams Band
- 4:00 – 5:00 PM – Mercy McCoy
- 2:30 – 3:30 PM – George Worthmore